Thursday, August 30, 2012

Trend Alert: Denim Daze.

When I first started seeing denim in forms of vests, jackets, blazers and shirts I was kind of confused. It made me instantly think of the 80's and 90's.  Kelly from Saved By The Bell, Tapanga from Boy Meets World. If you're a 90's child I'm sure you understand this. I instantly refused to hop on the denim train. But now I'm starting to realize that I love it. It's a classic, fun addition to any outfit!
There are so many different ways to wear a chambray shirt, denim vest or jacket.  Pair a vest with colored skinny jeans or cords. Wear white jeans with a chambray shirt and a statement necklace. The possibilities are endless.
I have found some of my favorite denim picks from various companies.  Being a poor college student, I can't exactly afford to buy all of these. But I do promise you that when I have ownership of my first denim shirt, vest, or jacket, you will be the first to know and see it!

Let me know what your favorite denim picks are! I hope you enjoy mine!


 
The Be-All Buttondown - Anthropologie $78
 
 
Denim Vest in Workwear Wash - J. Crew $98
 
 
Washed Chambray Buttondown - Anthropologie $88

 
Sparkle & Fade Leather Collar Chambray Shirt - Urban Outfitters $59

 
Blue Velvet Chambray Button Down - Free People OR Swank Boutique $118
 
****
 
A great idea for the Anthro chambray would be to get the pocket monogrammed! I love getting any oxfords or blouses branded with my initials. A monogram always makes anything more enticing.
 
The denim craze seems like it's here to stay, so I'll be shopping soon to find the right fit and style for me! I wouldn't mind all of these picks though... (Early Christmas presents will be graciously accepted!)
****
 
I get my iphone on Saturday which means I can take some pictures on there of different outfit ideas! New posts coming very soon!
 
****
Keep Calm and Monogram On
xo eHr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment