Friday, August 10, 2012

Sure, I'll block some color.

I feel like the colorblock trend has been around for a a few seasons now and I still love it. The thing I find funny about this trend is the fact that back in gradeschool when I would dress myself, I would proudly do colorblocking but obviously it wasn't really very trendy and put together. But now that I'm 21 and I decide to pair an orange shirt with a blue skirt, it's okay. It's the trendy colorblocking, not the '8 year old I'll just put anything on' colorblocking.
There might be some limitations to colorblocking. I don't advise you wear a red shirt with pink pants (Please, just don't.) I like pairing warm and cool colors together.  The contrast is eye-catching and shows that you're adventurous with your style.
This is another post that will include the walking boot, so just know your colorblock outfit will look much better than mine since you won't have a clunky, grey, boot on.





Warm on top, cool on the bottom. I was afraid this look was going to be too much, but I think that can always be a thought that crosses someones mind when attempting colorblocking




Necklace and Ring from Swank Boutique. I wear my 'E' sunburst pendant necklace all the time, it looks good with any outfit!


Cool, Calm, Colorblock.

Colorblocking is a bold fashion move but don't let it every shy you away from doing it! Everyone can pull it off in their own way. 

****


The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.”  - Paris Hilton (Yes, you read that right. Paris Hilton.)
****

I've started to order some new monogram stuff to feature on the blog, get excited!


Keep Calm and Monogram On.
xo eHr

No comments:

Post a Comment