Monday, August 6, 2012

How to Dress Up a Boot.

I wish this was a post all about Fall boots, but unfortunately it is not! I recently had foot surgery last week and have been limping around on a walking boot and crutches.  I still wanted to keep you all entertained so I decided to carry on with my blogging regardless of the boot. But don't worry, I have a an obsession with Fall and Winter boots and they seem to be HUGE this year so I can not wait to stock up on all different styles and colors!
Watercolor prints are extremely popular right now and from what I've been reading they're not going out of style anytime soon.  When I found this skirt at Anthropologie I knew that I had to have it.  Being six feet tall it is always nice to find skirts that aren't super short! I have always loved Anthro and it's always been a dream to get a job working corporate for them when I graduate (cough cough if any Anthro workers happen to see this).  The mix of purples, yellows, and pinks make this skirt great for Spring and Summer.  I also know that I can wear this into Fall with black tights and a blazer!
I also have been trying to accessorize more with my outfits since I usually wear little to no jewelery. I still have a long way to go before I look like some of those awesome pictures on Pinterest, but I've made my start and I can only get better!
Enjoy!


Showing off the walking boot in perfect style! I'm obsessed with how the skirt flows and the gorgeous colors.


The pink blouse is just the right blend with the colors in the skirt.


A mixture of colors in the bracelets just add to the colorful skirt! The black and white bangles are from one of my favorite jewelery boutiques in St. Louis, Melanie's!


Tory Burch sunglasses and pearl earrings are always a favorite and perfect addition to any outfit.






The skirt is on sale right now at Anthropologie! Hurry and order before they're all sold out! I would definitely recommend ordering a size down, it runs a little big! I will most likely be pairing a belt with this outfit the next time I have it on!

****
I hope you all have a great week! Summer is coming to an end, but there are so many good things to look forward to in Fall: Football games, leaves changing colors, apple picking (Growing up in the Midwest, I'll always love it!), crisp, dewy walks in the morning before class, the list is endless! And of course shopping for Fall and Winter clothes is always fun! Scarves, sweaters, jeans, oh my!

****

Keep Calm and Monogram On
xo eHr

No comments:

Post a Comment