Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sassy Skirt.

Fall has officially arrived and I have to admit that I am absolutely loving it. I will forever love Florida weather, but I did miss the leaves changing colors and the crisp cool mornings walking to class while I was at Florida State.  I also did not realize until this year how many outfit options you have throughout the Fall months.  Layering, boots, scarves, jeans, the possibilities are endless.

I got the inspiration for this post from overhearing a girl in class yesterday talk about how she had to wear a uniform while attending an all girls high school.  She said that although she liked not having to worry about an outfit in the morning, she would sometimes get bored of wearing the same pleated skirt and collared shirt every day.  I loved when she said that girls would monogram their skirts to make them individualized. I attended a public school and always had the freedom to wear whatever my heart desired (with some limitations obviously).  But hearing about pleated school girl skirts made me remember I had a black skirt very similar which led to my inspiration for today's post.
Enjoy!
 
I recently bought this jacket at the Swank Boutique Semi-Annual Sale, I'm obsessed! Love the color, the way it hangs, and the parachute pockets!

Love these booties that I recently bought from Target. I wear a size 11, so when I find cute shoes in my size, I always have to buy them!

I recently bought this acrylic 'E' necklace at a boutique in St. Louis. They sell them at Swank Boutique or you can order them online from Moon and Lola!

This leopard print scarf flowed perfectly with the jacket and the pleated skirt.

Ta-Da! My version of a school girl skirt outfit!



Let me know your ideas for a school girl skirt outfit!


****

I received great news yesterday that I am the official University of Missouri Campus Representative for Dixieland Monogram! I can't wait to plan events and show everyone the super cute and fun monogram products that they carry! Let me know if you have a sorority, campus group, or just a group of friends that you want to get together to see products and purchase some!

****
Also - Something exciting is in the works with Swank Boutique for a giveaway! More information coming soon, but I highly recommend that you get very excited for it!
 
****
Have a great weekend, enjoy some good football games, tailgating, and pumpkin carving!
Keep Calm and Monogram On
xo eHr

4 comments:

  1. My big owns Dixieland Monogram! Woo hoo! Congrats on the new position!

    I live in Tampa and totally wish we had some fall weather right now--it's currently in the mid 80s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm SO excited!!

      I'm so jealous you live in Tampa! My best friend from Florida State is from there and I'm hoping to make my way down there in December to escape the awful cold Missouri weather!

      Delete