Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crunching Numbers and Staying Classy.

For as long as I can remember I have idolized my older sister.  She was always cool, calm and collected. I actually have to give her credit for fueling my obsession with monograms and fashion.  Although we have different styles now, I will always love my sister's polished, 'J.Crew' look.  Since high school Jenna has dressed conservatively and preppy. This continued during her college career at the University of Virginia.  Her closet is filled with pieces from J.Crew, Banana Republic, Anthropologie, etc. Her job as an accountant does not give her much room in regards to dressing fashionably for work, but on weekends she puts together some memorable and charming outfits.
With my residence being in Missouri and my sister being in DC, I asked her to take some pictures of her favorite monogrammed items as well as other pieces from her closet.  Maybe you'll get inspiration from her pieces, I know I do!

Prim and Proper in Lilly Pulitzer.

Precious Polka Dots from Anthropologie.


Living it up in Ireland in a colorful scarf, Michael Kors watch, and comfy Patagonia fleece.
University of Virginia, Wahoowa! Adorable monogrammed tote bag in her school colors, such a cute gift idea!

Winter necessities - plaid scarves and an over sized leather tote.

Monogrammed iPhone case from Lipstick Shades.

More monogrammed totes - love the neon green on the blue!

So many pretty necklaces. The big pearl 'J' is the same one I wear all the time! It is from John Wind Jewelry, find it here. The pearl necklace is from a farmer's market in Charlottesville! Both monogrammed necklaces are from boutiques in St. Louis, Melanie's and Apple of Your Eye.


Loafers have always been in style in my opinion, but it seems that they'll be bigger than ever this Fall. You can also never go wrong with Tory Burch flats!

Kate Spade purse - I always have to borrow this when I visit her!

A little out of her comfort zone, but she bought this at Urban Outfitters ( I convinced her to) and I know she'll get so many compliments when she wears it out this Fall!

Cutest shirts from J.Crew - both would look great with colored corduroys or jeans!

Perfect ensemble with skinny jeans and boots! Sweater is from Ann Taylor and the button-up is from J.Crew.
A birthday present received from me, the cutest wall monogram! Find one for yourself at the Pink Monogram.

Simple yet classy outfit for work. White lace skirt and a navy top.
 
****
 
I hope to do more closet raids in the future! It's always fun to see my friends and family's distinct styles.
 
"What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially when contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language."
-Miuccia Prada
 
****
Keep Calm and Monogram On
xo eHr

 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment